Saturday 1 June 2013

Another Beautiful Song

Arjun, James, Bram and Michael's song at the graduation evening.

We stood and stared at length
At Mandela's bust by the wooden bushy bench
We've climbed trees and tames bees
While a bunch of us were gathered in rooms to make peace

I'll miss those chinese eyes, egyptian breakfasts
Sick bay lies and sosh rejections

Those long dayroom conversations
Some silent passive intimidations

Wakie wakie!, Its the morning surprise
The miserable rain or the rarest sunrise

Farewell farewell
To you and to me
And that castle by the sea

Those endless walks by the coastal path
Those chinese all nighters doing math
and then for a short while in August
We got to know us
Look at us now, we're packed
Let's just take the next bus

I'd like chicken donner with a can of coke
But cigarettes and marcross make me broke

Ive been waiting for this day for so long
Its time for skinny dipping, just grab your thongs
If it wasnt for the code of conduct, Id play beer pong
But look I just made a sad sad song


I want a shower party coz Im legal now
You completed the AC challenge, just take a bow

We're still staring
Our ships are steering
As we've watched the winds take more than just the barren
So you'll go tomorrow and Im sure Ill feel hollow
The ends in sight
Not sure if we should party tonight

Farewell to you and to me
And that castle by the sea

4 comments:

  1. you are invited to follow my blog

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you so much for this blog! I'm a soon-to-be first-year (this Sunday!) and have loved reading it all. It's so strange to think I will be going through a version of this too, also in Morgannwg! I hope you got the IB results you wanted, and may even run into you if you visit next year... :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Cecily :)
    I'm sorry that I've stopped blogging- my Dad is dismayed more than most people. It's scary to sum up AC in a final post.
    Congratulations! Morgannwg is boss. And amazing. My first years are so incredible - you're lucky! I will definitely be visiting, I made my offer for university and will be attending Bristol for Law :) so only 2 hours away! Look out for me in October, don't be ashamed to just come and say hi if you do see me!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! I'll keep an eye out– if a Sofia comes up to you that'll be me (it's my real name, a friend and I have a blog and picked pseudonyms from The Importance of Being Ernest, hence Cecily). Congratulations on your uni place! I hope it goes well :)

      Delete