Sunday 23 June 2013

The end of Bali

Saturday I spent reading at the beach of the villa and then Marvin, his Mum her Australian best friend Leanne and her son Camo went to lunch at the Gourmet Cafe and then to the beach for the afternoon.

That evening we had dinner at Cafe Bali where I had delicious pumpkin gnocchi and I went out that night with Marvin's French friend Andrea to Rumours, where I watched a lot of pool and added it to my mental list of things I need to learn to do decently in the near future. Seriously. After we went to Mint where I was obviously the most under dressed person - but oh wellzz.

Sunday was spent much the same as Saturday, Kuta beach where I got pinkish and finished The Beach.

There was only a slight panic 5 minutes before we were meant to leave for the airport when we realized my passport was too safe. It was in the safety box in Tina's room which was locked. Which she was the sole owner of the key for. And Tina was out for the afternoon, about 25 minutes away. I think Marvin was more frantic than me, hopping on his motorbike and retrieving the key. I got to the airport with my two hours before the departure anyways. (Something, that with the more flights I'm doing, seems less than necessary).

Finitooo!

Though I probably only did half of what Bali had to offer- I still am so grateful to have had the opportunity to go, experience what I did, and meet the people I did.

In the airport I couldn't stop smiling though. Giddy. Singapore, where I am now, it exciting for the destination, but it is also the first place where I feel completely comfortable around Ilisha, as she is one of my dearest friends from AC - simply seeing her has made the trip wonderful already.

No comments:

Post a Comment