Tuesday 25 June 2013

Singapore 2- Zoos!

Last night Ilisha's Dad picked us up and we headed to the temple. His mother was very strictly hindu, and since she died last year, on the last Monday of every month he goes and gets a coconut of some sort blessed to put in front of her picture. I would explain it more, but he honestly didn't really know much more about it. I found it very interesting though, holding my hands over the smoke and pouring the water on my face.

We then went to dinner at his cousins house which was very funny, and nice to just be in a home environment for delicious Indian food. Thankfully there was cutlery.

Afterwards we went to Arab Street where Ilisha's Dad treated us to a drink and shisha.

Now, I don't smoke. It really just doesn't interest me. But shisha tastes nice usually and I'll share with a big group. Three of us were sharing one, and boy was it too much. It was SO strong, I felt woozy from the tobacco/nicotine/whatever within 5 minutes and had to leave it to the pros. Don't regret it. Even so, it was so much fun. Chilled, fun chatting. I loved it.


I WENT TO THE ZOO TODAY!

I've been to the zoo before, I think. It was in London, but all I remember are snakes and Aunty Pippa. I've seen a few in theme parks in Florida. But this zoo is rated one of the best in the world and I can see why. It's very open, very natural. The animals are so close. The three shows we watched were wonderful (I got to see elephants again :) a sea lion performance, and a orangutan with its baby). Walking was quite exhausting though. I saw SO many things it's overwhelming to think of what to mention... the bats were astonishing. The lions, tigers, pumas, cheetahs, leopards... The polar bear was a bit sad to see so confined.

After we had dinner and went to the Night Safari. It is very close, but for the nocturnal animals. The show as better than the ones at the zoo (funniest bit was when a Korean guy unexpectedly ended up with a Boa Constrictor (Maggie) around his shoulders and was FREAKING out, in a good natured way of course).

The Sugar Glider, the Wallaby's, the otters... there were many amazing animals again. But by this point I was a rather exhausted and just enjoyed taking the tram and glancing at everything. Ten full hours looking at amazing creatures is quite enough for a newbie.

It's all so nice just to be doing it with one of your closest friends, just sitting and watching tigers pace is an experience. I'm so lucky.

No comments:

Post a Comment