Saturday 8 June 2013

Khao San Road

A lot of people in one place overwhelm me. Well.

I arrived to Mint's apartment by 5pm and we went to dinner to meet up with AC friends who were on a Thailand summer project saving elephants in the North. This was my first experience actually caught in Rush Hour traffic in a big city. We spent 40 minutes in the car, barely moving. Nonetheless, it's an experience.

It was so nice seeing everyone [about 10 of us] though the table was long and narrow so I didn't manage to converse with everyone.

I had forgotten what it felt like to be in a hot country. To be sticky. To be shiny. It's probably more humid here than in Cayman. Oh wellz. We took the BTS line and a cab to Khao San Road.

I'd never heard of it before, but this morning I'm reading my Lonely Planet [total tourist] and Andrew Burke summarized it so well.



That wasn't  a very good screen-shot but took me far too long on this Mac- seriously, read it though. They are my words, but far better.

''One of these days I' going to find one of those Lonely Planet writers and I'm going to ask him, what's so fucking lonely about Khao San Road?''

Very true.

Anyways, saying goodbye to AC people is always sad- I'm getting better though.

Mint and I have made magnificent plans for the next 6 days-  I am total-tourist-excited.
 Off to the market! Then sushi. Wheyyyo!

Abs

1 comment:

  1. We - your fans - want MORE posts? I am also very curious about the stories Uncle Chris told you when you were little now ... xxx

    ReplyDelete