Thursday 6 June 2013

Budapeszt 4 (:

Today Adriano took the day off and we went to Szechenyi Baths.

The building was very pretty and (besides the lack of sun) very true to the pictures. I suppose I am a bit spoiled considering I have been 'jacuzzi hopping' since about 8, but the water was lovely and warm. The best part was watch the old men, balding but extremely tan, playing chess in the shallow end. It made my day I would say.

I don't quite understand how the hot water spring makes it's way to the chlorinated pool... but oh well. I'm sure the minerals of calcium and magnesium have healed any ailments that were coming on.

We left with a delicious cinnamon ice-cream in hand [fahej]. Adriano then went to waterpolo training. And I managed to get use public transport and my terrible sense of direction back to his house, and then this cafe using the wi-fi for the last few hours.

It's been a wonderful few days. Travelling to new places is always exciting. I know it really does make a difference who you are with. Maybe if I had come with other AC friends and stayed in a hostel I would have been going out and meeting Uni Erasmus students in the early hours of the morning. But instead I'm going back to his house for a wonderful home-cooked meal and incredibly comfortable bed. I'm fortunate that this is just as satisfying to me, and I feel just as lucky to be doing it.  Who would have imagined I would be sitting at a dinner table with a Hungarian family, and they would all be speaking in English just for me. I really am spoiled.

Anyways, tomorrow I am going to lunch in Buda one last time and then heading to the airport an hour earlier than I would have a few days ago as the flooding means the traffic isn't too good.. Hopefully it should all be okay! In total it's over 18 hours leaving Adriano's house until getting to Mint's in Bangkok.

I will blog in a few more days!
Love,
Abi

No comments:

Post a Comment