Monday 24 June 2013

Singapore 1- India

Ilisha is Indian, really. Her Mum is from the North of India. Her dad is from the south (though her Great Grandfather moved to Singapore, so that's about as Indian-Singaporean as it gets).

So the first place we went was the Little India District/ Serangoon Road.

We had Indian food at Murgans where I ate with my hands for the first time. Full on eating thosai and idli with four different sauces dipping and making a mess. It was fun. And yummy :D

We then went to Mustafa shopping centre. It's all owned by one family, all connecting but basically the size of a mall. As it's owned by a Muslim family, the only things you can't buy there are pork and alcohol. So Ilisha's Mum said when we were driving there, 'Say anything, and I will tell you that they have it.' My response was 'Traffic Lights'. Well, they have everything but pork, alcohol and traffic lights apparently.

I even got a little henna on the back of my left shoulder.

This afternoon Ilisha and I rode bikes to the nearby Botanical Gardens, lay down in the grass and covered the time we've missed since not being together. I didn't realize until I got here that there was a haze problem. I have never heard of the psi reading/level until today. If it's over 60, no tennis. We have masks incase it gets too bad. But they're those heavy duty circular masks that don't look very comfortable, so I really hope not.

We took a dip in the pool and now we're about to go to the Temple with her father and friends.

I can't believe I've actually caught up with my blog up to this point! Whoop!

No comments:

Post a Comment