Thursday 6 June 2013

Budapeszt 1!

Possibly not the best start to 6 weeks of travelling.
I arrived at the airport fine. I boarded the plane fine. Yet within 20 minutes of flying instead of heading in the direction I thought would be best towards Hungary our little plane said we were going towards Amsterdam. Peculiar...

Then the captain [who was by far the most vocal captain I have ever experienced] said we were doing an emergency landing in Amsterdam for a man was in need of medical assistance. I was in the front of the plane, but in the back of the plane there was quite a bit of mayhem.

It was at this point as we were descending that I realised I was the youngest person on the plane, swear to jah, by at least 30 years. As the lady from Toronto who I became quite chatty with put it 'All these oldies going on cruises'.

So we were delayed by about 2 hours. I got to go to the cockpit. The only question I had was 'how many buttons are actually in here?' There were a lot. Apparently the man, who was 78, had had a heart attack, which could have been prompted be the rising altitude. I really hope he is okay.

After we left we heard that the exact same thing happened to RyanAir 20 minutes later. Supposedly the whole situation, with the cost of landing, parking refuelling, paramedics etc cost 10,000 pounds. And it's becoming more and more frequent.

By time I arrived in Budapest, Adriano was there to meet me. We drove for about 40 minutes to his house in Buda and quite quickly went out again to see the Royal Palace.

From the Palace/ Castle Hill you can see the Parliament, and Peszt. Adriano didn't know much about the history of the area, but it was still pretty.

We went to dinner where I really wanted to try Hungarian food. Didn't quite manage it, as most of it seemed incredibly meaty. That night we watched Hangover 3. Though you can watch movies anywhere I think it's pretty cool watching them in different cities. I have now watched The Dark Knight Rises in Oslo, Skyfall in Lausanne and Hangover 3 in Buda :)

No comments:

Post a Comment