Monday 24 June 2013

Bangkok 6- The Filler Day

My last full day in Bangkok was aimed at doing everything I hadn't done.

Sadly the first aim was to go to the Floating Market. We went, but there was nothing floating... It was a Friday and apparently it's only good on the weekends. It was a bit of waste of time.

We then went to Golden Mountain, where I saw a view of the whole city which was nice. Then went and got pedicures in the Mall.

That evening we took a ferry to Asiatique where we met up with Lalita for dinner and drinks.

The place we were at was wonderful, live singing (Lady Boy but I refused to believe them). At about midnight before we went back to Mint's apartment there was one last thing I needed to do. I had the fish eat the dead skin on my feet. At first I was freaking out! But if you concentrated on talking to the person beside you and didn't look down- it wasn't so bad. I don't feel it made any difference - but I did it!

Bangkok was packed. I know already I want to go back and do other things I missed this time. Go to the South beaches. Go back to JJ Market. Go partying, properly. It really was a wonderful city.

Just the way people say thank you with their hands together and head bowed made me smile.

No comments:

Post a Comment