Sunday 23 June 2013

Bangkok 4- Siam Square Outdoor Market

Backtracking a bit. Need to finish what happened in Bangkok!

That morning Sheena and I went to get our hair done. It was quite funny, as we had to have Mint on the phone, explain what we wanted in English and then hand the phone over to the hair dresser so she would say it in Thai. This form of communication happened about 4 times for me alone. Poor, sweet Mint

I ended up with a very Asian haircut and curled ends, instead of poker straight something I would never ask for, but hey, it was an experience. Hair grows. And the heat makes it grow faster ;)

We then went to lunch at another restaurant where I worried about the hygiene, but loved the food.

After we walked around Siam Square Outdoor Market. By this point I was prepared for the bargaining and lovely (darn, One Size Fits All) clothes. Sheena was less prepared, so it took a bit of time.

http://kampungboycitygal.com/2011/12/best-shopping-experience-in-bangkok-siam-square-outdoor-market/

Before leaving the mall we went to some Japanese photo booth called Purikura. I thought it was just a traditional photo booth which would have been fun enough. However this version is beyond fake. Mint and Sheena wanted to show me how funny it was. You go in and decide how white you want to be. How big your eyes should be. And various other "enhancing" devices. After taking the photos you can decorate them with glitter and glamour to the extent at seven I would have been going crazy. Since I wasn't as used to it, I let Mint and Sheena do their magic though.

Photos in hand we went to Health Land where I had a thai massage with aromatherapy. Sheena and I were in the same room and I had this old Thai lady who was stretching me and putting me into all of these strange positions until, magically, something would crack. It was interesting... Then they starting patting us down with warm, wonderful smelling balls of some sort. I don't really know. It was something I will remember, but if I have the choice I would choose the Swedish massage for sure.

After we rushed (in Bangkok traffic, haha) to Siam Mall to get dinner before everything closed. We didn't really make it for the hot pot that Mint wanted to take us to... I had soup instead. However, we made it to After You.

Wow.
Wow.

http://www.afteryoudessertcafe.com/menu.php?n=1

I don't know why it was so yummy. It was similar to French Toast, but not quite. It had Ice Cream  You put syrup over it. Basically. It was diabetes on a plate. We shared two (excessive) between three of us. One Green Tea Ice Cream and one Nutella. Yum.

That evening was Sheena's last night so we stayed in the apartment and chatted until well past midnight.

No comments:

Post a Comment